Rutgers University Police Department (RUPD) provides escorts to students, faculty, and staff upon request. The escorts, primarily walking, provide our community with personalized service to their vehicles, campus residence, or the University's mass transit system. To view mass transit hours please visit the Rutgers Department of Transportation.
TO REQUEST AN ESCORT
Call the RUPD
- Call 732-932-7211 or use a campus emergency phone (blue light)
- The RUPD Communication and Dispatch Center will send a public safety representative to escort you
- Escorts may not be "reserved" in advance
Text the RUPD
RUPD now offers text messaging services for non-emergency requests. To learn more visit the Text to RUPD webpage.
KNIGHT MOVER SHUTTLE SERVICE (NEW BRUNSWICK ONLY)
- The University also provides the "Knight Mover Shuttle" individualized transportation service during non mass transit hours.To request the Knight Mover Shuttle service call 732-932-RIDE (7433).
- View the Knight Mover Shuttle PSA video.