This information is provided as part of Rutgers' commitment to safety and is in compliance with the federal Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act of 1990, Public Law 101-542, as amended to the Clery Act of 1998.
The RUPD publishes the comprehensive security report known as "Safety Matters" annually as required under the Jeanne Clery Act of 1998.
ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT "SAFETY MATTERS"
Safety Matters is the Rutgers University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. It includes:
- Three years of on- and off-campus crime statistics
- Procedures for the reporting of criminal activities and emergencies on campus
- Policies regarding security of and access to campus facilities
- Information on law enforcement on campus
- Description of campus security, crime prevention and alcohol and drug educational programs
- Policies regarding the possession, use and sale of alcoholic beverages, and illegal drugs
- Information on campus sexual assault prevention programs and procedures to follow in the event of a sexual assault
- Where information concerning registered sex offenders may be obtained
A paper copy can be obtained at each RUPD headquarters or by emailing Clery Compliance for Rutgers University at: email@example.com
DAILY CRIME & FIRE SAFETY LOG
The RUPD maintains a Clery Crime and Fire Log to keep the university community informed about campus crime.
CRIME ALERTS / TIMELY WARNINGS
Rutgers University, in its commitment to safety on campus and in compliance with the Clery Act, has procedures in place to alert the campus community in a timely manner of certain crimes reported to the University Police that occur either on or near campus. View more information about Crime Alerts/Timely Warnings.
CRIME STATISTICS & CLERY DATA COLLECTION SURVEY
For location specific crime statistics, go to:
- Rutgers University-Camden Crime Statistics
- Rutgers University-Newark Crime Statistics
- Rutgers University-New Brunswick Crime Statistics
- Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences Crime Statistics
- Rutgers Separate Campuses Crime Statistics
CLERY TRAINING FOR CSAS
For more information about Rutgers' compliance with the Clery Act and to access training materials for Campus Security Authorities, please visit our Clery website.