This information is provided as part of Rutgers' commitment to safety and is in compliance with the federal Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act of 1990, Public Law 101-542, as amended to the Clery Act of 1998. The RUPD publishes the comprehensive security report known as "Safety Matters" annually as required under the Jeanne Clery Act of 1998.
- Annual Security Report "Safety Matters"
Safety Matters is the Rutgers University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. It includes:
- Three years of on- and off-campus crime statistics
- Procedures for the reporting of criminal activities and emergencies on campus
- Policies regarding security of and access to campus facilities
- Information on law enforcement on campus
- Description of campus security, crime prevention and alcohol and drug educational programs
- Policies regarding the possession, use and sale of alcoholic beverages, and illegal drugs
- Information on campus sexual assault prevention programs and procedures to follow in the event of a sexual assault
- Where information concerning registered sex offenders may be obtained
A paper copy can be obtained at each RUPD headquarters or by emailing Clery Compliance for Rutgers University at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daily Crime & Fire Safety Log
The RUPD maintains a Clery Crime and Fire Log to keep the university community informed about campus crime.
- Crime Alerts / Timely Warnings
Rutgers University, in its commitment to safety on campus and in compliance with the Clery Act, has procedures in place to alert the campus community in a timely manner of certain crimes reported to the University Police that occur either on or near campus. View more information about Crime Alerts/Timely Warnings
- Crime Statistics
For location specific crime statistics, go to:
- Clery Training for CSAS
For more information about Rutgers' compliance with the Clery Act and to access training materials for Campus Security Authorities, please visit our Clery website.