The internationally accredited Rutgers University Police Department (RUPD) operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to provide the university community with a full range of police and security services. RUPD maintains multiple fully staffed police headquarters. Please click below for location specific information:
- Report a Crime
Call University Public Safety:
To report a Police, Fire or Medical Emergency or Crime in Progress; please obtain an outside line and dial 911.
For all other calls to University Public Safety, please consult the following directory:
- Rutgers University—Camden: (856) 225-6111
- Biomedical and Health Sciences at Newark: (973) 972-4491
- Rutgers University—Newark: (973) 353-5111
- Rutgers University—New Brunswick: (732) 932-7211
You can also file a police report online using the Rutgers Internet Police Reporting System.
- Crime Statistics
The Rutgers Annual Security and Fire Safety Report "Safety Matters" details public safety statistics, services, and programs available at the university.
View Report Here
To obtain a paper copy please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the RUPD at any of the following locations:
- Rutgers University—Camden: 409 North 4th Street
- Rutgers Biomedical & Health Sciences at Newark: 5 Bruce Street
- Rutgers University—Newark: 200 University Avenue
- Rutgers University—New Brunswick: 55 Paul Robeson Boulevard
- Police Records
Copies of motor vehicle accident reports, criminal and non-criminal investigation reports and/or other incidents reported to the RUPD may be obtained through the Records Bureau between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
You can now file a police report online using the Rutgers Internet Police Reporting System. For additional information, visit the police records website.
- Emergency Preparedness & Notification
Rutgers Office of Emergency Management regularly conducts exercises designed to better prepare the university for any kind of emergency or disaster. You are encouraged to take an active approach in your personal preparedness by reviewing the university's emergency action plans at emergency.rutgers.edu.
Follow the Rutgers Police Department on Facebook and Twitter for regular updates on issues impacting your community.
- Professional Standards Division
Professional Standards is responsible for providing a myriad of critical services that support the mission and operations of the Rutgers Police Department. Support services include but are not limited to recruiting, pre-employment background investigations, investigating internal and citizen-generated complaints, accreditation, communications, training and professional development, and clery compliance.
To learn more, visit the professional standards website.
- Additional Resources
- U-Visa and T-Visa Information (English)
- U-Visa and T-Visa Information (Spanish)
- Procedures for Reporting Alleged Bias Incident/Crimes