Your event, large or small, may be required by Rutgers University to hire police, security, or community service officers. Some venues at the university require separate insurance policies and parking arrangements as well.
To Plan an Event
To coordinate an event you must follow the steps outlined below:
1. Contact the venue site coordinator.
2. Contact the Rutgers Police representative designated to your campus at least two weeks prior to your event:
Sgt Jason Ronca
Rutgers University—Newark (Including RBHS at Newark):
Lt. John Bell
Rutgers University—New Brunswick (Including RBHS New Brunswick/Piscataway):
Lt. Manuel Simoes
The RUPD can provide guidance regarding safety and security requirements for social and athletic events, parades and rallies. They will be able to assess your needs and provide information on overtime rates for police department personnel.
The following resources will also be helpful in coordinating your event at Rutgers University:
- Camden Events Office
- New Brunswick Student Center Reservations
- New Brunswick Free Expression Guidelines
- Newark Office of Reservations and Special Events
- Office of Scheduling and Space Management
- Parking and Transportation Services
- Rutgers Policy 20.1.9: Facilities Use and Scheduling Policy
- Student Affairs Major Programs and Events Office
Have a safety concern about an event on campus? Contact the Rutgers Police at email@example.com.