Chemicals and other hazardous materials are commonly used in art. They include but are not limited to solvents, paints, oils, photochemicals (i.e.-developers, fixers, accelerators), lacquers, dyes, glazes, waxes, hard woods, batteries, powders and dusts.
Safe Use Guidelines:
- Refer to Art Safety Manual for specific instruction. If necessary, call
REHS to obtain one.
- Use the least hazardous material that can suitably do the job.
- Refer to MSDS for instruction on how to safely handle the material.
- Use proper personal protective equipment as recommended.
- Plan your work before you begin.
- Assure associated equipment is working properly, before use.
- Follow REHS guidelines for storage and disposal of hazardous waste materials.
- For Overall Program Management, to obtain an Art Safety Manual, or for guidelines on how to store and/or dispose of hazardous waste contact Peter Skeels