Electrical Safety Standards (OSHA) are intended to safeguard employees from the hazards presented while working with electrical equipment. Electrical hazards, including but not limited to electric shock, fire and burns, can be minimized through training, such as the proper use of Lockout/Tagout procedures and use of appropriate personal protective equipment.
References / Links
- Rutgers University Lockout/Tagout Program [pdf]
- OSHA Lockout/Tagout Program
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910 subpart S - Electrical
- OSHA 29 CFR 1926 subpart K - Electrical
- Health Safety Specialists (By Campus Assignment), or call 848-445-2550