There are several methods of rigging that may be used, depending on the circumstance (i.e.-counterweights, motorized or rope systems) in positioning props and/or people.
General Safe Use Guidelines:
- Anything attached to a flybar must have a safety cable attached as well.
- Check that everything attached to a light, including barn doors, gel cases and safety cables, to assure that it is secure before it is raised.
- Make sure the rope or cord is strong enough for what you are lifting and that the rope or cord is not frayed or damaged in any way.
- Warn people on the stage or grid before moving any rigged scenery or other objects.
- Maintain visual contact with a moving piece at all times.
- If you are using a purchased rigging product, follow manufacturers instructions.
- The production crew must inspect all rigging equipment before each use
- For Overall Program Management, to obtain an Art Safety Manual, or for guidelines on how to store and/or dispose of hazardous waste contact Peter Skeels