Rutgers provides exceptional emergency medical care to all patients without judgment of their situation while preserving their rights, privacy, and dignity. The RUEMS ambulance is operational 24/7, 365 days a year to provide emergency medical services to Rutgers and the surrounding communities.
- To Request an Ambulance
- Obtain an outside line and Dial 9-1-1
- Provide information about the number of victim(s) such as age, weight, height, location type of illness or injury, past history of illness or injury, medications, or chemical exposure and anything else that may be helpful to responders
- To request a non-emergency transport call (732) 932-7211
- Event Coverage
RUES provides a wide variety of resources to support your university event. To discuss your specific needs, please contact us for an evaluation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Billing & Patient Care Information
Please contact Manager Carol Nowitzke at (848) 932-4800 for inquiries related to any of the following:
- event billing
- standby billing
- emergency medical billing
- obtain a patient care reeport
(please call ahead to ensure report is available)
- Notice of Privacy Practices
Rutgers University Emergency Services (RUES) is required by law to maintain the privacy of certain confidential healthcare information, known as Protected Health Information or PHI, and to provide you with a notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your PHI. RUES is also required to abide by the terms of the version of this notice currently in effect.