Immediately report emergency situations occurring in or near your facility (such as fire, explosion, storm damage, hazardous material spills, chemical odors, flooding, accidents, injuries, criminal or suspicious activities, etc.) to the RUPD Communication Center or by using a campus emergency telephone.
When reporting an incident include as much of the following information as possible:
- Location of emergency (you should also indicate that you are at Rutgers University as part of your location)
- Nature of the emergency
- Status of the emergency condition (i.e., in progress or completed)
- Any immediate threat(s) to life
- Need for medical or other assistance
- Description, location or direction of travel of suspect(s), description of motor vehicle(s) involved, presence of weapons
- Any danger to emergency responders
- Other information that would aid the emergency response
RUPD Communications Center
|University Location||Non-Emergency (Outside Line)|
|New Brunswick/Piscataway||(732) 932-7111|
|Newark||(973) 972-4491 or (973) 353-5111|
|Farms, Research Stations & other University Facilities||(732) 932-7111|
For emergencies, obtain an outside line and dial 911.