Welcome to the Rutgers Internet Police Reporting System. Using this system will allow you to submit a report immediately for review. Our goal is to provide you with an easy to use tool for the reporting of incidents to the Rutgers University Police Department. The process is quick and easy - simply fill out the forms and review the information for accuracy.
If this is an emergency or the crime is in progress, please call 911.
HOW IT WORKS
Upon completion of this process:
- Your incident reported online will be reviewed.
- You will receive an E-Mail confirmation that the report has been logged into the system.
- Reports are reviewed and assigned to police officers or detectives for follow-up based on investigative leads, severity of the crime. Unfortunately, the majority of cases reported are closed without further action being taken. If a follow-up will be conducted on your case, you will be contacted.
- The assigned officer may contact you to follow up upon our receipt or within 3-5 business days thereafter.
- Once the report has been approved, a permanent Rutgers University Police Department report number and a copy of the report will be maintained and will be available to you by contacting the Records Bureau.
- If the incident or crime does not meet the below criteria or if you have questions, please contact the Rutgers University Police Department. It may still be determined that you can file a report online or that an officer needs to be sent to take the report in person.
Please note: Reports cannot be accepted for other agencies. If the crime/incident did not occur within the corporate boundaries of Rutgers, the State University or its environs, you cannot use this form. Reports of traffic crashes cannot be made on this form.
False reporting of a crime is a violation of New Jersey and Federal law. Filing a false report in person or online is subject to prosecution and the Rutgers University Police Department will pursue charges against those who file false reports.