Parking Permit Registration
Online registrations require:
- A Net ID - (It may take two business days for your NetID to register with our system)
- Your vehicle license plate number, state, make, and color
- A credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover) to purchase a permit
Start online student permit registration process here.
- After the initial registration, you must register additional vehicles by logging into My Rutgers parking account.
- If you have a temporary plate, please register the vehicle with the temporary plate number. When the permanent plates come in, remove the vehicle with the temporary plate from your record and reenter your vehicle with updated plate information.
Parking Permit Types
All commuter permits must be purchased online.
New Brunswick Deck, Surface and Night Commuter Permits
Newark Economy and Premium Commuter Permits
Camden Full Day and Night Commuter Permits
A Resident Parking Permit is available to all students living in university housing
Family Housing Parking Permit- Student Spouses
Daily/Hourly Permits (Passport Parking App)
Pay for your daily or hourly permit via the Passport Parking app (at https://www.passportparking.com/, or the Apple/Google Play Store).
Avaliable Parking Permits
For a list of student permits, their lot assignments and hours click here, or see the table below:
New Brunswick Permits
New Brunswick Commuter Permits
New Brunswick Resident Permits
New Brunswick Off-Campus Living Permits
Change in Housing Status:
If a student with a valid Resident Parking Permit cancels housing, they must notify DOTS. Resident students that change housing assignment to a different campus must notify DOTS to update their parking assignment. Students with valid Commuter parking permits that move into campus housing must notify DOTS in exchange for a Resident permit.
New Brunswick Commuter Zone Change:
Commuter Students with valid parking permits that wish to change from one Zone to another may do so, pending space availability. Waitlists are available for permits that have sold out. To add your name to the waitlist log into My Rutgers parking account and click the waitlist tab and choose the list you wish to add your name.
Night Commuter Exchange:
Students with valid Night Commuter parking permits may exchange to another Commuter parking permit pending availability.
Complete Additional Parking Request form. Explain why, where and when you need additional parking. Back to back classes will not be accepted as a reason for additional parking. Employment will not be accepted as a reason for additional parking. Night commuter parking permissions are not eligible for additional parking.
If approved, there is an additional $30.00 fee.
Additional Parking for Medical Needs
All patrons (students, faculty, staff, visitors and vendors) who require accessible parking, temporary or permanent, to park in university parking areas must obtain a valid Rutgers Virtual Parking Permit.
- To obtain a Virtual Parking Permit visit: https://ipo.rutgers.edu/dots
- To add Accessible Parking Privileges to your Virtual Permit visit: https://ods.rutgers.edu/students/housing-parking-dining/accessible-trans...