Faculty/Staff Parking Permits
A parking permit is required to park in any university parking area.
Department Administrators may request New Employee parking by sending an e-mail request to email@example.com with the employee's name, start date, employment type, home address, vehicle license plate number, state, make, model and color.
The Legacy Rutgers parking permit fee scale can help you determine your parking permission fee based upon your salary.
Parking Permit Registration
Online registrations require:
- A Net ID - (It may take two business for NetID to register with our system)
- Your vehicle license plate number, state, make, model and color
- A credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover), or pre-tax payroll deduction to purchase a permit (payments made through payroll will be deducted over 6 pay cycles).
Start online faculty/staff permit registration process here.
- After the initial registration, you must register additional vehicles by loging into My Rutgers parking account.
- If you have a temporary plate, please register the vehicle with the temporary plate number, and when the permanent plates have been installed on the vehicle update the information at My Rutgers parking account.
- Users have the ability to link and unlink the temporary plate and add the new plate on My Rutgers parking account.
Key cards are necessary to gain access to common gated and assigned gated lots. If you have a valid faculty/staff parking permit, you may purchase a common gated keycard for $15.00. If you wish to purchase a card for an assigned lot, you must first be assigned to that lot by the appropriate Lot Coordinator. Staff assigned to the Easton Avenue Deck are eligible to purchase a $15.00 keycard for that deck. Please complete Keycard Request form and send it to: Public Safety Cashiering Office, 55 Paul Robeson Blvd., New Brunswick, NJ 08901. The card(s) will be returned through campus mail.
LOADING/UNLOADING Parking Privileges
• Rutgers Departments may request Loading/Unloading parking privileges for their staff.
• Individuals must have a valid Rutgers faculty/staff parking permit.
• These privileges must be renewed each year.
• Allows those with a current Rutgers faculty/staff parking permit temporary parking in loading/unloading zones while conducting departmental business. This is a temporary parking place while one loads/unloads equipment, drops off monies or time sensitive documents.
• Leave blinkers on while loading and unloading.
• Only for conducting departmental business and does not provide daily workplace parking.
• Is not valid for general parking in commuter only lots, resident only lots, assigned lots or stalls, reserved lots or stalls, or parking meters.
• Departments requesting loading/unloading should send a list of employee names to firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty/Staff Spouse Housing Stickers
All resident faculty/staff living in University housing must purchase a Rutgers parking permit. Any additional vehicle being used by a faculty/staff member’s spouse must also be registered to park on Rutgers property. The permit for the second vehicle is an additional fee of $100.00.
Temporary Faculty/Staff parking permits must be purchased via mail or in person.
• Jan. 1 - May 31 = $60.00 (or June through August 31 or Sept 1 through Dec 31)
• Jan. 1 - Aug. 31 = $80.00 (or June through Dec 31)
• Jan. 1 - Dec. 31 = $100.00