Real estate professionals manage the university real estate portfolio and administer the leasing of space and real property, transactions of property, and conveyances of easements. All real estate transactions are required to be performed in compliance with these two policies:
Responsibilities of the Real Estate department include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Negotiates, reviews and maintains all lease agreements entered into by the university, either as a tenant or as a landlord
- Negotiates with property owners for the acquisition of real estate
- Acts as project lead to the Office of General Counsel, Risk Management and Rutgers Environmental, Health & Safety Departments on all real estate related activities
- Obtains and grants easements and rights of way
- Maintains all university deeds, master leases, and other real estate documents
- Applies for tax exemptions on all university real estate
- Pays real estate taxes where required.
- Orders and reviews appraisals
- Orders surveys and title reports
For additional information about the real estate leasing and purchase process, or to obtain required forms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (848) 445-2699.