FAQs - Rutgers Newark Campus Buses
- What is the best way to ask a question or provide feedback on the bus system?
Please visit dotshelp.rutgers.edu.
- How I do I know if there is a delay or how can I track the location of the buses?
You can track the location of all of the buses in our system on the following web site: rutgers.transloc.com or download the app “TransLoc” for iPhone or Android phones free from the iTunes store or Google Play store.
- Do I have to pay a fare to ride a Rutgers University bus?
You do not have to pay a fare to ride the bus.
- Do I need to show an ID to ride a Rutgers University bus?
Yes, you are required to show ID that shows your affiliation with one of these schools or organizations: Rutgers University, The New Jersey Institute of Technology [NJIT], Rutgers University Biomedical and Health Sciences [RBHS] and University Hospital.
- Does the University provide transportation between its Camden, Newark, and New Brunswick campuses?
Rutgers University does not provide bus service between Rutgers University New Brunswick, Rutgers University Camden and Rutgers University Newark. The NJ Transit (NJT) “Northeast Corridor” trains provide frequent service between the New Brunswick and Newark train stations. A transfer to the NJT River Line service at the Trenton train station connects Camden to the “Northeast Corridor” trains.
- How do I plan my travel between Newark and Kearny?
- NJ Transit has various services that service the city of Newark.
- Visit the NJ Transit website here, or plan your trip using NJ Transit’s Trip Planner.
Note that NJ Transit offers discounts for full-time college students on NJ Transit monthly rail, bus, or light rail passes. More information about student savings can be found here and Student Pass info can be found here.
- Do I have to wear a face covering while I am on the Rutgers University buses?
All individuals using the campuses buses are required to wear a face covering. The face covering must cover your nose and mouth and must be worn prior to boarding the bus. When on board, please move to empty spaces within the bus, and keep a distance of 6 feet between yourself and others when possible.
- Does the bus system run 24/7?
The Rutgers Newark Bus System is in service Monday-Friday from 6:45 AM until 12:15 AM, though specific routes only run during certain hours.
The Newark Penn Station Midnight Express Security Shuttle that operates between Newark Penn Station and Boyden Hall is in service daily from 12 AM until 4 AM.
- What if I lose an item on a bus?
Items of value lost in a Rutgers Newark Campus Bus will be turned over to the Rutgers Police Department [RUPD]-Newark Division. More information about our Lost and Found system can be found here.
For more information or questions, please visit dotshelp.rutgers.edu