Parking regulations on Rutgers University campuses are enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Violators will be issued electronic citations and may be towed or immobilized depending on the offense and number of pending violations.
- Parking Ticket Payments
- Pay Your Tickets Online
With a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover)
A late fee of $5.00 is charged if payment is received after 20 days and before 30 days from ticket issuance. A late fee of $10.00 is charged if payment is made after 30 days from ticket issuance.
Consequences for Unpaid Tickets
Unpaid tickets and late fees will result in a university hold barring students from:
- Class registration
- New parking permission
- Receiving grades
- Receiving transcripts
- Parking permission refunds – ticket and late fee amounts will be deducted
- Unpaid tickets will eventually be sent to a collection agency to ensure payment
Cars will be towed or immobilized, at owner's expense, if the total for all citations and late fees exceeds $500.00.
The customer is responsible for any fees imposed by the tow company.
Appeals must be made online only within ten (10) calendar days of issuance. The appeal can be made by following this link. If you are a Rutgers affiliated user (student, faculty or staff) please enter your NETID and password below and click submit. If you are a visitor or a holder of a non-affiliate parking permission and you have created a userID and password, please enter it below and click submit. If you have not created an account, you may create one or you may retrieve your lost information if you have lost it.
Student holds will be released temporarily from appealed citations pending Appeal officer's decision. If a decision is made to deny an appeal or reduce the original citation the hold will be reinstated.
Citations will be upheld if any of the following reasons are the basis for the appeal:
- Couldn't find a legal parking space.
- Didn't know policies or regulations.
- Didn't see posted restrictions.
- Couldn't find a convenient parking space.
- Had four-way flashers on (emergency flashers).
- Didn't have enough time to park properly.
Event parking signs are posted to inform invited guests not affiliated with Rutgers University. These signs do not allow free parking to faculty, staff or students. Faculty, staff and students are required to have a Rutgers parking permission at all times and must park accordingly. Rutgers affiliated faculty, staff and students parking without permission; or outside their parking permission assignments will be subjected to electronic ticketing and or towing.
- Parking Ticket Offense Codes and Fines
- RU02 Exceeded Time Limit $20
- RU03 No Payment Made $30
- RU13 License Plate Not Displayed $25
- RU05 Failure To Obey Signs/Markings $20
- RU06 Closed Parking Lot $70
- RU14 No Rutgers Permission $50
- RU16 Failure To Move $20
- RU20 Unauthorized Campus $30
- RU23 Outside Of Marked Stall $20
- RU42 Parked In Fire Zone $150
- RU45 Driving/Parking in Prohibited Area $20
- RU78 Fraudulent Use $100
- RU85 Unauthorized Lot $20
- RU86 Parked In Handicapped Stall $250
- RU87 Fraudulent Registration $100
Click here for a link to expired codes for citations issued before 05/28/2018.
Refunds may be given if the following policies are followed within the specified timeframes.
- Refund Policies
- Submit a Refund Request Form
- There are no refunds for key cards
- Refund Requests
Student Refund Requests:Must be submitted within 5 business days of purchase, or prior to the add/drop date of the semester the parking permission was purchased for.
Faculty/Staff Refund Requests
- Full Refund: Must be submitted with in 5 business days of purchase.
- 50% Refund: May be submitted when you depart from the university within the first six months of the parking permission year and provide written verification of resignation or termination
- RBHS refund/stop payroll deductions/parking adjustment form
Please complete this Parking Registration Adjustment Form.