- Please visit the parking website at http://go.rutgers.edu/parking. You will need to log in with your NetID and password to purchase a permit.
- You will no longer receive a hang tag or sticker. Vehicles are identified by license plate number.
- Yes, you can add multiple vehicles to your permit. However, only one vehicle can be on campus at a time.
- Parking lot rules and regulations have not changed. Students may only park in lots designated for students, and faculty/staff may only park in lots designated for faculty/staff. (MAPS)
- Yes, please register any new vehicle, even with temporary tags, that you will be parking on campus.
- Once the permanent plates are received, revisit the portal and enter your new plates. Make sure your license plate is entered correctly; one letter or number off will result in virtual tickets.
- All patrons (students, faculty, staff, visitors and vendors) who require accessible parking, temporary or permanent, to park in university parking areas must obtain a valid Rutgers Virtual Parking Permit.
- To obtain a Virtual Parking Permit visit: https://ipo.rutgers.edu/dots
- To add Accessible Parking Privileges to your Virtual Permit visit: https://ods.rutgers.edu/students/housing-parking-dining/accessible-trans...
- If you have accessible parking permissions, you may park in any space in any lot provided if it is not a reserved stall.
- No. Reserved spaces are designated for specific individuals within the university.
- You may log-on to your parking portal and appeal the virtual ticket. http://go.rutgers.edu/parking. Please give time for a response. You will be notified of the decision via email.
- You may pay your virtual ticket online through the parking website http://go.rutgers.edu/parking by credit or debit.
- You must go to the portal and register the license plate with the university before parking the rental vehicle in any of the lots.
- It is important to register the license plate correctly; one letter or number off will result in virtual tickets.
- Once you return the rental vehicle you must unlink the license plate from your account.
- Yes. Any vehicle parking on university property must purchase a permit.
- Night only permits are available for students on some campuses. For more information about Night Commuter Permits check under commuter permits here.
- No, we do not bill financial aid for your parking.
- Yes, select Term Bill as your payment option at the time of purchase.
- No; but, in Fall 2021 an Off-campus Resident permit was created for you. Check availability here.
- Please visit your city's parking authority to find options for street parking near your off-campus home.
- Hold are automatically removed within 48 business hours of the payment.
- Students can purchase limited number of parking permits for $5.00 (plus tax) a day for a maximum of 5 consecutive days here.
- You cannot exceed more than 3 daily permits a semester.
Purchase your daily or hourly permit via the Passport Parking app using the following Zone Numbers:
- Zone 9647 is valid at all New Brunswick student lots
- Zone 9645 is valid at the Livingston deck in New Brunswick
- Zone 9644 is valid at the 48 New Street building parking deck (Deck 4) in Newark
- Zone 9648 is valid at all Newark student lots
- Zone 9649 is valid at all Camden student lots
Get the app at https://www.passportparking.com/, or the Apple/Google Play Store
Can't find what you're looking for here? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org