Operations & Services, a unit of University Facilities and the Securities Technology Shop, a unit of University Public Safety share a responsibility for the maintenance, repair and installation of all security systems university-wide.
Basic terminology, as well as a listing of responsibilities for the Securities Technologies Shop and Facilities Operations Services has been provided below.
Building Entrance & Room Access
- University Facilities is not responsible for opening or locking university rooms, offices, classrooms or any space. This is the responsibility of Public Safety.
- On occasion, classrooms may be locked in the morning. If present, the custodial staff can be asked to open a locked classroom.
- For access to any locked space, you must contact University Public Safety or visit the Public Safety Building Access site for additional information.
Security Technologies Shop Services
Types of Services – all fee based
- A new or replacement key to your workspace.
- A new or replacement key or master key for Facilities personnel accessing Facilities space.
- A new or replacement padlock with identical keys.
- A new or replacement lock set.
- A key cylinder replacement to an existing door, cabinet, desk, etc.
- Maintenance and repair of an intrusion or panic alarm.
- Maintenance and repair of closed circuit television systems.
Getting Service From Security Technologies Shop
If you are a Faculty or Staff member:
- Visit the Security Technologies Shop
- Call (732) 445-4956
Facilities Operations Services
Type of Services – Non-Billable
Maintenance and repair of:
- Doors, hinges and door frame.
- Mechanical parts of door closers, openers, panic bars or handicapped-accessible mechanisms.
Retrieval of broken keys embedded in the doorknob lock. Repair of any mechanical part of a keyed cylinder or lockset.
Getting Service From Facilities Operations Services
For Faculty or Staff members:
- Submit an online Work Order.
- Call the Service Call Center at (848) 445-1234.
- A mechanic will be dispatched to assess the problem, and if possible, make the required repair. If the problem cannot be repaired by Facilities personnel, the problem will be reported to the Securities Technology Shop by the Service Call Center.