New Brunswick Campus Buses FAQs
- What is the best way to ask a question or provide feedback on the bus system?
Please visit dotshelp.rutgers.edu.
- How I do I know if there is a delay or how can I track the location of the buses?
Use the QR code to download the new PassioGo app or visit rutgers.passiogo.com to track your campus bus. Get real-time updates and actual arrival information. Using GPS technology you can track your bus on the app, your cell phone, or your computer browser.
- Do I have to pay a fare to ride a Rutgers University bus?
You do not have to pay a fare to ride the bus.
- Do I need to show an ID to ride a Rutgers University bus?
On the New Brunswick campus, you are not required to show an ID during normal operating hours, which are Monday- Thursday 6:00am-3:30am and Friday –Sunday 24 hours/day. The Knight Mover service operates Monday-Thursday from 3am-6am, and does requires a valid Rutgers ID to board the bus.
- Does the University provide transportation between its Camden, Newark and New Brunswick campuses?
Rutgers University does not provide bus service between Rutgers University New Brunswick, Rutgers University Camden and Rutgers University Newark. The NJ Transit (NJT) “Northeast Corridor” trains provide frequent service between the New Brunswick and Newark train stations. A transfer to the NJT River Line service at the Trenton train station connects Camden to the “Northeast Corridor” trains.
- Does the bus system run 24/7?
- Monday-Thursday: 6:00am - 3:30am
- Friday-Sunday: 24 hours/day
The Knight Mover service operates Monday-Thursday, from 3am-6am.
- What if I lose an item on a bus?
Items of value lost in a Rutgers New Brunswick/Piscataway Campus Bus will be turned over to the Rutgers Police Department [RUPD]-New Brunswick Division. More information about our Lost and Found system can be found here.
For more information or questions please visit, dotshelp.rutgers.edu.