If you lost an item on campus, please call 973-972-6394 to determine if the item has been turned into the Rutgers Police Department and to schedule the pickup of your property. If you find an item lost on campus, please return it to 200 University Avenue, the Rutgers Public Safety building, or call 973-972-6394.
WHAT TO DO
Certain items should be turned into the police department immediately.
- High Value Items (Jewelry, Laptops)
- Government Issued Identification, Passport, Visa etc.
- Any item presumed to be stolen
- RU ID cards State Keys
Certain items are excluded from this process and will not be accepted:
- Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, Office Supplies
- Items valued under $25 or with no apparent value
An attempt to locate the owner and return the item will be made by the RUPD. If the item is not claimed within 30 days, it will be transferred to Surplus Property to be disposed of.