Operations & Services is the largest unit within University Facilities, providing operational services to the entire Rutgers University community statewide. Our units, comprise over 1,200 dedicated staff members who touch all buildings and grounds across all university campuses. Our common mission is to provide timely, quality, cost-effective services in support of the overall university mission.
This department is made up of the following units that provide support for numerous university events:
- Environmental Services provides cleaning, recycling, solid waste management, operations and pest control.
- Grounds Services maintains an aesthetically pleasing and clean grounds environment on all campuses
- Mechanical Maintenance is responsible for all building mechanical maintence services, as well as providing day-to-day services and responses to service calls and emergencies that are building maintenance related.
- Service Call Center who will take your call whenever you need to report a problem or require assistance of any kind pertaining to your building and surrounding grounds.
- Planning and Estimating are your first contact when initiating a maintenance or renovation project.
- Special Event Support