Parking rules and regulations change depending on the time of year. This page will provide you with information about changes in parking regulations by season and academic calendar.
Summer Session Permit ( May 16 - Aug 31)
SUMMER SESSION PARKING PERMISSIONS ARE NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE
- Students attending Summer Session will need to obtain a Summer Session Parking Permissions
- Students who have already purchased an annual parking permissions that expires on August 31 do not have to purchase a Summer Session Parking Permissions
- Access to listed Summer Parking lots [PDF]
- Valid from beginning of Summer Session through August 31
- Parking permissions may be purchased through the mail or in person beginning mid-May.
- Remember to include beginning and ending date with your parking permission request
$90.00 for parking on campus 7-12 weeks
$45.00 for parking on campus 2-6 weeks
$30.00 for parking on campus for 5 consecutive days
$5.35 per day for parking on campus for one day
How to Obtain a Summer Session Permit
- Complete a Student Vehicle Registration Form [PDF]
- Check or money order payable to Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- Send to Department of Transportation Services (address to the left)
- At the Department of Transportation Services office
- Payable by cash, check, money order, credit card in your name only (Visa, MasterCard, Discover), or the RU Express card
Winter/Spring Break Parking
- Anyone with a valid Resident Parking parking permissions may leave a vehicle on campus until the end of the break.
- You must contact the Department of Transportation office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 848-932-7744.
- Please include planned departure and return dates.
- Vehicles must be moved to either the College Avenue or Douglass parking deck; Do not leave vehicle parked on top level.
- Students with a valid Rutgers parking permission may park in any student lot
- Students without a valid Rutgers parking permission may purchase a temporary parking permission during Spring Break for $5.00 a day.
Winter Session Parking Permission
- Residents and visiting students without a valid parking permission may purchase a parking permission to park while taking Winter Session classes.
- May be obtained in person at the cashier’s office in the Public Safety building located at 55 Commercial Ave.
- May park in all student lots.
- Valid for Winter Session only.
- Cost $30.00
- Student with valid Rutgers’s parking permission may park in any student lot.