Department Coordinator should coordinate completion of the following items prior to arrival to facilitate a smooth transition.
All faculty, staff and students are assigned a Rutgers unique identifier known as a NetID, comprised of initials and a unique number (e.g. jqs23). In order to access many of the electronic services available to you at Rutgers, you need to activate your Rutgers NetID. Your assigned NetID will appear on the activation screen.
2. Parking Permit Registration (if there is a vehicle parking on campus)
Online registrations require
- A Net ID - RCI Account (It may take two business days for NetID to register with our system).
- Go to http://go.rutgers.edu/parking and register your vehicle.
- A credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover), or pre-tax payroll deduction will complete your transaction.
In-person registrations requires
- A letter signed by your department head requesting a parking permission for a specified length of service.
- Cash, check, money order, credit card in your name only (Visa, MasterCard, Discover) or the Knight Express card.
Department of Transportation Services Public Safety Building 55 Commercial Avenue New Brunswick, NJ 08901 Main Office 732-932-7744
3. Payroll-W4, Direct Deposit
Click on RIAS Login (you will need your NetID and password)
After you log in, click the desired category on the left and you will be able to modify your preferences.
Verify that the paperwork is in order.
Lease has been executed.
Security deposit received.
Notify Housing of the arrival date, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Coordinate to pick up keys.
6. Education for family members: (if travelling with children)
7. Upon arrival, Department Coordinator should ensure the following has been completed:
- Parking Permission
- Payroll Information
- RU Connection ID Card
- School District contact for family for family members if school aged children will reside.
- Coordinate with Department to obtain keys.
- Items such as linens, towels, dishes and utensils are included. You are required to provide items such as shampoo, toothbrush, soap, etc.