Energy Conservation Tips
- Turn off phantom and parasitic electricity. When a unit such as a coffee pot is not in use, its clock may be on. Plug these and similar appliances into a power strip and turn off the strip when not in use.
- Plug your computers, monitors, and printers into power strips. When not in use, power down your computer and shut off the power strip.
- When a device is fully charged, unplug it from the outlet. Fully charged items still use energy if they remain plugged in.
- Take the stairs rather than the elevator or escalator.
- Shut off lights in empty rooms.
- When possible, use task lighting rather than overhead.
- Do not change the control systems in your classrooms or buildings.